Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Questions, comments on video...

It’s been a while since I posted a video. I thought it might be a good thing to do this week. I have an aide coming in to help with Riley, so I won’t have to jump up every 5 minutes to attend to him. Since I don’t know how to edit my videos, the possibility of not having interruptions makes it the perfect opportunity to record.

Anyway, back to my next video. My e-mail box is almost always full of letters from my readers. I don’t always have time to answer them, but I try to at least read each and every one. Sometimes people ask me questions and I try to answer them. Sometimes I think “Hmmm…. Good question.” I would like for my readers to send me their questions and I will answer them on the upcoming video. I think that whatever question I’m being asked, just might be of interest to someone else. Send me your questions via e-mail ImmortalAlcoholic@gmail.com with “video question” in the subject line.

I will answer questions that ask for information as a priority. However, you may ask me a personal question as well – either positive or negative. If the question is TOO personal – I’ll respond by stating that it is too personal. If you wish to make a negative comment, that’s OK. I’ll answer those just as honestly as I will every other one. Just, please, be respectful by not using inappropriate language.

We did a video a couple months ago with questions being presented to Riley. The response was good and I believe the video was pretty good. I intend to do more videos with Riley as his health permits. I have one that was recorded recently and shows him having his head shaved. I also have a before and after picture. He hopes everyone pledges to the challenge for me to shave my head because he would love to see me as a baldy. Post your pledge amount by donating on the fundraising site with a notation of SHAVE in your message. (https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/0mn6/relocation-from-medical-desert-fund-for-mike-doyne)

Your contributions to the fund are what have allowed me to hire a home health aide, even if it is only for a short time. The personal attention provided to Riley eases his anxiety concerning his care. It is good for him to have someone other than me to look after him. It also helps me so that I can get some rest away from the constant requests and needs of Riley as well as allow me to do things such as the question and answer video. Please keep your contributions coming in and don’t forget that there are challenges that need pledges and items that need a new home. Watch for new handmade “Not So Perfect” items this week. Some of the items that receive NO bids will be placed in the store at Linda’s Front Porch website. However, many of the scarves will be donated to the local cancer center.


If you wish to donate, but would rather donate to a non-profit organization, please visit http://www.shepardcancerfoundation.org/ which is the cancer center where Riley is a patient. 

No comments: